Tackling long-term unemployment – public consultation
Despite that Europe is slowly recovering from the crisis, long-term unemployment continues to increase. The aim is to contribute to an impact assessment preparing a proposal for a Council Recommendation on the integration in the labour market of the long-term unemployed.
The main purpose of this consultation is to collect thoughts and opinions from citizens, key stakeholders and experts on measures for long-term unemployed to bring them back into employment, and to shorten the period they are unemployed. In particular the Commission would be grateful to hear your views on:
- integration of different services to long-term unemployed
- an individualised approach to support of long-term unemployed
- mutual responsibilities of long-term unemployed and service providers
- incentives and services for employers to take up long-term unemployed
- way forward for EU level initiatives in this area
- the categories of long-term unemployed that need most support
Public authorities, citizens, non-governmental organisations, think-tanks and businesses are highly encouraged to participate.