The PROGRESS missionis to strengthen the EU's contribution in support of Member States' commitments and efforts to create more and better jobs and to build a more cohesive society.
- Provides analysis and policy advice on PROGRESS policy areas;
- Monitors and reports on the implementation of EU legislation and policies in PROGRESS policy areas;
- Promotes policy transfer, learning and support among Member States on EU objectives and priorities; and
- Relays the views of the stakeholders and society at large.
What will the money be spent on? (% of available funding allocated)
Social Inclusion and social protection (30%)
Working Conditions (10%)
Anti Discrimination (23%)
Gender Equality (12%)
Access to the programme is open to all public and / or private bodies (including Third Sector organisations), actors, and institutions, in particular:
- Member states
- Public Employment Services and their agencies
- Local and regional authorities
- Specialised bodies provided for under Community law
- Social Partners
- NGOs, particularly those organised at a European level
- Higher education institutions and research institutes
- Experts in evaluation
- National statistical offices
- Public awareness campaigns on EU social and employment policies and laws
- Training of legal and policy practitioners
- EU networks of NGOs fighting social exclusion and discrimination on grounds of race, sexual orientation, age, disability or promoting gender inequality
Projects are financed at a maximum of 80% with some exceptions.