Life (nature and biodiversity)
How much funding will be available?
The total budget for funding projects is €3,456.7 million (€2,592.5 m for Environment, €864.2 million for Climate Action).
What will be funded?
There is a LIFE multiannual work programme for 2014-2017 which sets the framework for the next four years for the management of the new LIFE Programme 2014-2020.
It includes information on the indicative budget, explains the selection methodology for projects and for operating grants and establishes outcome indicators for the two LIFE sub-programmes – for Environment and for Climate Action.
There are two main programmes
- Environment which covers environment and resource efficiency, nature and biodiversity’; environmental governance and information, and
- Climate Action (which includes climate change mitigation and adoption and climate governance).
LIFE will also be provided through two new innovative financial instruments - Private Financing for Energy Efficiency Instrument and the Natural Capital Financing Facility.
The thematic priorities for LIFE are:
- Nature and for Biodiversity;
- Water, including the marine environment
- Resource Efficiency, including soil and forests and green and circular economy;
- Environment and Health, including chemicals and noise;
- Air Quality and Emissions, including the urban environment;
- Information and Governance
- Reduction of greenhouse gas emissions
- Efforts leading to increased resilience to climate change
What are the co-financing rates?
The co-financing rates will vary from 55% -100% so you will need to check for your particular project
How can I apply?