European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) - South West
The Business Investment for Growth (BIG) programme is a £3.6 million investment fund, financed by the European Regional Development Fund and delivered by Cornwall Development Company.
The funding is available on a 50% contribution rate (match-funding basis) to businesses with project based investment proposals leading to business growth and job creation.
- Access to new markets - Market research, Implementation of e-commerce solutions to support trading beyond established markets
- Marketing (including digital and e-marketing techniques)
- Consultancy re growth ambitions - Business plan development, Systems software solutions, Finance escalator/advice, Capital needs assessment
- Technology and product design - Patent/IP protection/management, Prototype development, Manufacturing process improvement (post SWMAS advice)
- Knowledge transfer/exploitation
- Environmental measures – Accreditation, Implementation of environmental processes, Environmental audits
- Feasibility - Proof of concept, New product development, Diversification
- Inward investors - Settlement support for new investing businesses
- Employment - BIG can be used to cover recruitment costs in some circumstances and will fund interim managers from reputable sources when hired on a temporary contract. BIG can not be used to fund wage costs for staff employed by the applicant
- Capital expenditure - Machinery and other capital equipment
- business as usual
- wage costs
More information can be found on the Cornwall Development Company website.