Community Led Local Development - Greater Cambridge and Greater Peterborough
This call is looking to support delivery of Community Led Local Development using a two stage process i.e. a preparatory stage leading to implementation stage.
The Preparatory Stage should lead to the following Stage 1 outputs:
- A functioning Local Action Group for a targeted area;
- A draft Community Led Local Development Strategy for agreement by the Managing Authority. The guidance note for applicants on strategy development can be found at the following link Guidance for Development of Community Led Local Development Strategies;
- Identification of a proposed Accountable Body able to apply for Stage 2 and lead the implementation of the agreed Community Led Local Development Strategy.
The Managing Authorities further require that Community Led Local Development:
- Focus upon sub-Local Enterprise Partnership area geographies with a minimum population of 10,000 and a maximum population of 150,000;
- Be ‘Bottom-up’ and led by Local Action Groups representing public, private and local socio-economic interests;
- Be driven by local needs and potential as identified by the community through the Local Action Group;
- Complement but not duplicate LEADER Local Action Group and European Maritime and Fisheries Fund Fisheries Local Action Group activity;
- Does not duplicate other European Regional Development Fund and European Social Fund provision;
- Be innovative at local level;
- Contribute to outputs and deliverables identified in the relevant Priority Axes and Investment Priorities of the European Regional Development Fund and European Social Fund Operational Programmes.
It is anticipated that funding for the implementation stage of Community Led Local Development will be awarded for up to 5 years.