NCVO event: Yorkshire&Humber VCS/LEP engagement
from 01:00 am to 04:00 am
What do you need to know about Local Enterprise Partnerships......and what opportunities are there for the VCS sector
The LEPs have a new strategic role for the delivery of a large proportion of the next round of EU Funds, including ERDF and ESF, from 2014-2020. LEPs will be responsible for ensuring local growth outcomes are delivered by working with a range of local partners, including the VCS.
In maximising the VCS role in enabling economic inclusion, it has become even more important for the VCS to demonstrate their social and economic contribution and the key role they can play under the EU Structural Funds programme.
Outcomes and objectives
This event will enable VCS organisations to:
- Understand the future role of LEPs in EU Structural Funding
- Develop understanding of the positive social and economic contribution the VCS can make under the EU Structural Funds programme
- Identify how the VCS can be both strategic and delivery partners
1.00 Registration and coffee
1.10 Welcome and introductions
1.15 Aims and Purpose of the workshop
1.20 The future role of LEPs in the next programme of EU Structural Funding
Rachel Quinn, CEO of One East Midlands & lead on Regional Voices VCS Engagement Project
1.45 The role of the VCS in the 2014-20 EU Structural Fund programme
Ingrid Gardiner ,ESF Effectiveness Manager ,National Council for Voluntary Organisations
2.00 Q & A and lessons learnt - the role of the VCS in the current 07/13 ERDF programme: what’s worked, what’s a barrier
2.45 Local Perspectives
- Claire Watts Humber Technical Assistance project working on Structural & Investment Funds with Humber LEP & York, North Yorks & East Riding LEPs
- VCS speaker (TBA)
3.15 The technicalities
- Community led local development
- Project management
- Local economy
3.30 Practical next steps
- Barriers to engaging effectively
- What role does the VCS have next EU programme? What is our offer around social inclusion in the next programme?
- What should communication and relationships between the VCS and LEP’s look like and what are we seeking to achieve?
This event is funded by the European Social Fund.