VCS Assist: Writing that winning tender
from 09:30 am to 04:30 pm
With the move away from traditional grant funding, many organisations find themselves having to compete for funding through the commissioning process. Organisations need to understand the commissioning and tendering process to be able to present a viable case.
This course will cover the different types of tendering process, putting a proposal together, preparing a realistic budget, being able to present your case and understanding the nature of contracts to ensure it knows what is being agreed.
The course looks at the essential skills involved, including identifying potential contracts, deciding whether to bid, writing an initial response, costing, demonstrating value for money and making your tender stand out.
Who for: VCS organisations with an interest in competing for a contract.
The course will enable participants to:
- Understand the processes involved in tendering
- Understand how best to present the case
- develop the skills required for pitching for competitive tenders
- Feel more confident to complete a PQQ and write a tender
The course covers areas such as:
- Types of tenders & proposals
- The process
- Pre-tender proposal preparation (PQQ)
- Approved supplier lists
- Determining the client’s real needs
- Writing winning proposals
- How to avoid 'common' errors
- Checking & proofreading
- Presentation skills
- Selecting the correct pitch team
- Quality standards
- Risk assessments
BTEG will deliver this course using a mixture of trainer input, discussion, exercises, small group work.