One East Midlands: Introduction to EU Structural and Investment Funds programme 2014-20
from 10:00 am to 12:30 pm
The LEPs have a new strategic role in the delivery of the next round of EU funds, including European Regional Development Funding (ERDF) and ESF, from 2014 to 2020. LEPs will be responsible for ensuring local growth outcomes are delivered by working with a range of local partners, including the VCS.
In maximising the VCS role in enabling economic inclusion, it has become even more important for the VCS to demonstrate their social and economic contribution and the key role they can play under the EU structural funds programme.
The workshop provides that basic level of understanding for small VCS organisations that haven’t accessed this funding before and would be interested in potentially applying for funding when the programme opens or influencing how investments are made locally.
Who should attend?
This workshop is suitable for trustees, management committee members, CEOs, managers, funding advisers and development managers who have very limited or no knowledge of EU Structural and Investment Funding.
By attending this workshop delegates will be able to:
- Understand the basics of ESIF, focusing on ERDF;
- Understand the future role of LEPs in ESIF;
- Understand what the 2014-20 ESIF programme will look at;
- Understand and plan for opportunities that exist for VCS organisations in the next programme; and
- Understand LEP priorities and how the VCS could have a role in meeting some of those priorities.