Herts Get Set On your marks event: Hoddesdon
from 01:30 pm to 04:30 pm
Herts Get Set is a project supported by the Big Lottery's Programme Development Fund, and is led by Hertfordshire Community Foundation and delivered in collaboration with our Herts Community Solutions partners.
Who should attend this event?
Voluntary and Community Organisations and social enterprises (VCSE) operating in Hertfordshire. We are particularly keen to encourage organisations who specialise in the provision of advice, training and other interventions to support the identified priority beneficiary groups for Hertfordshire tackle their barriers to employment and move closer to the job market. The key groups are: Young people aged 16-24 who are or are at risk of being marginalised;Adults with specific or multiple needs that present barriers to employment; Individuals needing help with issues such as debt, housing, childcare etc.
These events will also be of benefit to VCS infrastructure organisations who can provide support and capacity-building services for frontline delivery organisations and/or who are considering leading partnerships.
We reserve the right not to admit applicants who do not meet these criteria and may limit the number of attendees from a specific organisation depending on the places available.
What are the aims of this event?
- Create awareness of the Building Better Opportunities Programme for Hertfordshire
- Help VCSE organisations evaluate whether they want to lead and/or deliver within the programme
- Introduction to European Funding and the social inclusion priorities for Hertfordshire – Norman Jennings, Skills and Employment Manager, Hertfordshire LEP
- Building Better Opportunities – how ESF social inclusion projects will be awarded and managed – Big Lottery
- Herts Get Set support available to help VCSE organisations in Hertfordshire to participate in project partnerships – Sarah Elliott, Project Manager and Michal Siewniak, Partnership Co-ordinator
- Building partnerships - Herts Get Set interactive workshop