Building Better Opportunities: Maximising the economic potential of Dorset’s diverse communities
from 01:30 pm to 05:30 pm
During 2015, significant European Union funding will become available to boost economic development in Dorset. Some of this is earmarked for tackling barriers to economic inclusion.
The new £10 million EU/BIG Lottery funded Building Better Opportunities programme for Dorset will:
- Improve people’s life chances by funding projects that reflect local priorities and community needs;
- Be based on evidence about what works best, and be delivered by capable providers;
- Provide personalised help to people furthest from the labour market to develop their skills and talents, and overcome challenges.
These workshops will:
- Help you to understand the requirements of this new EU and BIG Lottery Fund programme;
- Introduce our five themes: Mental health, Young People, Rural Isolation, Long term unemployed, Social Enterprise;
- Introduce partnership requirements and opportunities for smaller organisations;
- Enable you to assess whether the programme would be right for your organisation;
- Help start the process of designing the criteria the BIG Lottery Fund will use to award grants.
Workshops are free, though you are asked to book as places will be limited.